I have been focusing on my diet a lot over the past year. Cleaning up what I eat - less processed foods, more clean real foods - and I have noticed all the good changes I have mentioned here. Less indigestion, less gas, better sleep, weight loss, better skin.
So the next natural step for me was to clean up what I put ON my body. If chemicals are bad to eat, it seems it's a natural continuation to the fact that they are bad to slather on every day. I struggled with this one a lot because a quick inventory told me that all of my favorite beauty products were all very very unclean. I've tried a few things and pictured here is my current lineup that I'm loving:
1. Crystal Deodorant
- This stuff is aluminum free, which is why I tried it. I was terrified but it works just fine and lasts through a workout so it gets a thumbs up from me. I have been using this for about 6 months and have never had a problem. I get this one at the grocery store or CVS, but you can get it from Amazon as well.
2. 100% Pure Body Scrub and Body Wash
- Everything this company makes is vegan or vegetarian. There isn't anything in it at all that isn't natural. I LOVE the scrub. Whenever I use it my skin feels so soft and amazing and I don't need any lotion. The wash smells great but as will all natural washes, there is very minimal suds that happen when you use it. It's a foam so it's a bit more than some others I have tried, but the lack of bubbles is something I dislike in general with natural cleansers. I actually purchased these at SFO in January when I was on my travels. I have seen it at Ulta recently as well.
3. Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Vitamins
- I have taken a prenatal for a while because it does amazing things for my hair - making it stronger and growing longer. I switched to this one because it seemed to have the least amount of junk in it. I haven't had any side effects and I like the fact it doesn't make me nauseous like some other vitamins have. You can find this at some health stores and on Amazon.
4. Jason Cocoa Butter Lotion
- I love cocoa butter and ran across this at the grocery store when on travel and out of lotion and really like it. I do have a 100% pure brand lotion that I will try after this one is complete, but for the price, this one works just great. Leaves my skin soft and smooth. I see this brand in lots of drugstores and grocery stores and usually with a discount attached.
5. Earthpaste Toothpaste
- Okay if you asked me to pick one of these products to buy today - this is the one. I started using this after researching dental care. My husband and I both had a lot of random dental issues which really made no sense to me. I brushed at least once a day, usually twice a day. And I flossed daily. I wasn't drinking pop and I still had a lot of problems that I just couldn't figure out. So after reading a bunch of reviews I ended up purchasing this on Amazon. That was 3 dental visits ago and I have not had a single cavity since. My diet has slowly improved over the same time frame, but I only made my bit change last September. The 2 visits before I still had no problems with my cleaner but not clean diet. This stuff is pretty awesome to me and yes it's pricey (around $7/tube) but not having any cavities is totally worth the cost. I just got my new 3 pack in the mail last week, lol! I have only gotten this from Amazon. A friend of mine told me she found it in her local store, but I have never seen it in a brick and mortar store.
The links I've included go to the product websites so you can learn more about them. I slowly change out items. I try to find a better choice whenever something runs out. As far as makeup goes - that is a totally different story. I have some Tarte
products, which I love, but I also LOVE my smashbox. I don't wear makeup daily anyway, so I don't worry too much about it right now, but it's on my to research list.
So you tell me - what natural or cleaner products do you love? I'm always ready to try something new :)